Tuesday, June 17, 2014

This Happened - #youneverknow

I set my alarm early to go running along the lake & woke up to a notification on my phone - "Tornado Watch". Well I guess I'll skip running on the lake & go back to bed for a few minutes, I said.  

So then woke up way more than a few minutes later... in a rush, I threw on one of my go-to outfits & was zipping up my skirt when it got caught. So naturally I just tugged harder and I zipped it closed. 

Turns out that both technology & zippers are against me. 

Ten minutes into my 18 walk to work, a girl tapped me on the shoulder and told me she thought my skirt might be opening in the back. Okay, thanks I said. Sometimes it does that at the top. 

What I didn't realize was that the "split" wasn't just at the top. It wasn't until a second girl tapped me on the shoulder to say, "Um your skirt is splitting down the back, like the zipper is split open" did I get it. It was in fact, splitting completely down the back. 



I ducked into Starbucks where I was supposed to meet my boss, untucked my shirt around my skirt & cinched my belt tight to keep it up. Meanwhile, I crazily was dialing my roommate to see if she could grab an alternate bottom for me to wear the rest of the day. 

Luckily, she came to the rescue. Morale of the story - bring a second set of clothes to work and/or have awesome roommates. Because #youneverknow

No comments:

Post a Comment