Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Brunch Series: Episode 1: Milk & Honey

Our first weekend in Chicago wouldn't be complete without an epic brunch. Our goal is to try a new brunch spot in a new neighborhood every week. 

This past Sunday after dragging ourselves out of bed from a late night. "You texted me at 4am" my friend said, "Are you still going to make it?" Yes. I insisted. We're on our way, I stated as I rolled out of bed.  

So we walked up to Milk & Honey in Wicker Park ready to plop down in a bench with a mimosa or greyhound to cure the hangover. However, unbeknownst to us we had to stand in line (practically around the corner) to place our order. 

In that time, I managed to talk myself into a not super great choice - a BLT & a blood orange mimosa - which were mediocre at best. 




And then we strolled down the street and stumbled across Big Star - a must-try place on my list. However, we were so full from brunch that all I could choke down was an ice cold Chilada*. Okay, It's no Mint Julep**, but I'm not complaining because it was delish. 

I just need to find a chance to go back to try their famous tacos. ;) 



*An amazing drink generally made with beer, TEQUILA & salt, but in this case - and better for me - it was made with beer, LIME & salt.  

**A drink associated with the Kentucky Derby - not to be mistaken for the Masters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment