Sunday, January 25, 2015

#30before31 It's the Small Things

After an incredibly fun [and toasted] weekend in Kansas City, I'm back on the work couch in my apartment in Chicago and remembered that I was able to check off another #30before31 from my list this weekend. 

The idea is to buy a stranger's lunch or drink in order to brighten their day. On the flight to KC, I remembered I had 3 free drink tickets that were set to expire Jan. 31 (next week) so my friend, Kattie, and I naturally ordered a cocktail each to enjoy. 



I was left with one free drink ticket and didn't know if I'd be up for a cocktail on the flight home. I hate to see free drinks go to waste, so I gave it to the flight attendant to pay for the woman's drink diagonal from us. 

"Are you sure you don't want to keep it just in case?" my friend asked. And normally I probably would have and then I would have thrown it out or it would have expired. But this time I didn't. 

That tiny, tiny act of kindness took literally zero effort but the woman was beaming as she thanked me from across the aisle. 

Just goes to show that even the smallest things can make an impact if we just stop for a minute and think of others in our crazy, hectic lives and pay it forward. 


No comments:

Post a Comment