Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Surprise, Mom! #30before31

Yikes, it's already been over a month since I turned 30 and I've only checked two things off of my #30before31 list and in progress on one more. I better start planning how the hell I'm going to pull everything off. 

One of my big check marks was the heartfelt surprise. A surprise memory book & birthday party for my mom's 60th to be exact. Something I never could have done living in Kansas City. 

I asked our family, neighbors, family friends (old & new, Mom's bunko friends, co-workers, etc. all to share a memory (photo or write-up) about how great my mom is so I could give it to her for her birthday. Then at the last minute decided to throw a low-key surprise party to give it to her & celebrate her 60th in coordination with her best friend. 

There was so much going on that I actually didn't really stress out that I didn't get a lot of response, but the party size was just right - 20 people - and she was certainly surprised! ;) Although apparently next time I'm supposed to tell my mom so she doesn't get her face stitched up 4 days before the party. [That's why there are no pictures of her. She doesn't want to highlight the bandaid on her nose]. Oh well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment