Monday, December 22, 2014

Louisiana Burn #30before31

One of my #30before31 challenges is to eat something I've never eaten before. So naturally, I decided to try Turtle Soup at Heaven on Seven, a restaurant with good old Louisiana fare, for a dinner with my cousin & her husband. 

Yes, that's turtle as in the green, slow-moving animal. No, it wasn't green. Or served in a turtle shell.


So what does turtle taste like, you ask? Chicken. But seriously the taste and texture of the turtle chunks were very similar to the consistency of chicken. The soup itself was very tomatoey and a bit oily. I'm not sure if the oil was from the turtle. But after one heaping spoonful, I was okay with not investigating any further.  

I can imagine to the vegetarian cousin-in-law at the table, this was harder to swallow than it was for me. 

Would it eat turtle again? Probably not. Am I glad I tried it? Not really. Would I do it again? Sure, why not try something that I haven't tried before. I mean, after all, #youneverknow what you might be missing out on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment