Monday, February 2, 2015

Dating while #30before31

One of my #30before31 challenges is to "date for real". I know that sounds ridiculous, but it's something I've had a hard time doing since my divorce. Part of me wants to not deal with dating at all, but the other part of me doesn't want to miss out on the experience of dating. Especially in Chicago. 

Well after a few months, I've discovered that my dating life and my cooking skills are unfortunately very similar. I keep crashing and burning with every new guy I meet. [And it's not totally because of my awkwardness]. 

I mean there was the potential #Tindernightmare with "Tinder Tom". On the second date he wanted me to come over to his condo - or rather his parent's condo - that he was living in at 11 o'clock at night. I mean if that doesn't scream "bad decision", I don't know what does. So needless to say, I didn't go on that second date.   

And then there was Chris, a pilot and huge Chicago Bear's fan. Who at 38, acted 23, and was obsessed with selfies. Like dude, if a guy does selfies more than the gal, there's a problem.  

And who could forget about Bobby, who just graduated from grad school, but I am pretty sure still lived in a dorm. Let's just say that didn't last too long.  

And of course, Nick, who dragged me around to every karaoke bar in the city so he could sing karaoke. He was fun, until he kept asking me, "why do you like?" Finally, I was like, "I don't." 

But I've also met some guys who have really been great - intelligent, driven, attractive, fun, etc. But the problem lies with me. I have a problem with commitment and making dating a priority. So there's that. Meanwhile, I'll continue keeping my options open and giving dating a chance. And maybe one day I'll be ready. Because #youneverknow

No comments:

Post a Comment