Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Pizza Revelation

Remember when I said my blog wasn't going to be all about pictures of burnt food? Well apologies in advance for the back-to-back burnt posts. 

Friday's benefit & auction was the culmination of 8 long months worth of planning for an American Cancer Society charity event. I was a co-chair this year and we had completely re-concepted the event with a brand new theme, location, night and logistics. It was either going to be a disaster or a bit hit. 

Much to my relief it was a huge hit --> my committee members kicked a** and tons of people came out to support the event, including a lot of my friends. 

That's when things went downhill. The next morning, I woke up to an apartment full of smoke, a head full of fog from booze and the remains of this pizza on the stove. 



Luckily I didn't burn down the apartment. And luckily, Kattie (my future roommate and partner in crime in Chicago) came to my rescue and turned off the burner that was roasting the pizza!

Lessons learned: Don't mix cooking & alcohol. Avoid Fireball Fridays. Avoid 4-inch heels on Fireball Fridays. Stick with good friends who will watch out for you. And #GetItTogether before I go to Chicago.  

No comments:

Post a Comment