Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Day 1: NO M&M Challenge #30before31

Well let's just be thankful that I didn't challenge myself to 1) stop complaining about the weather or, 2) stop drinking wine for a month. Because I would have already failed...  

Anyway, for my first challenge, I've decided to test myself to a month of NO M&M's. That's right, that includes any of the peanut, almond, peanut butter (need I go on?) varietal. 

You may laugh, but I don't think you know how hard of a challenge this will be for me. Especially if you consider my co-workers made about 6 jokes this evening alone regarding my habit of frequenting the candy drawer at work. [I mean who doesn't love the luxurious taste of milk chocolate and the satisfying crunch of almonds - all wrapped into one delightful bite?].

But I'm going to do it. And I've successfully made it through Day 1. Only 29 days to go. 

Unfortunately - much to my chagrin - I don't think this will actually help me lose 5 lbs. as I originally projected. You see, this cold weather here is Chicago is driving me to find refuge at local waterholes on the route home from the office. Where the thought of dropping a pretty penny for a glass of wine & eating fried pickles is ten times more appetizing than going back out into the winter tundra. 

Regardless, stay tuned for the next episode of this epic battle between MEM (these are my initials) and the M&M's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment